Just a few questions...thx

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Velksfish

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 55 Gallon Community tank.
I've had this stock for quite awhile: 1 Angel, 1 Dwarf Gourami, 4 albino cories, 1 balloon Molly, 1 bristlenose pleco, 1 dalmatian molly, 1 mystery snail, 1 red wag platy, 1 mickey mouse platy, 4 zebra danio's.
I recently added: 3 bloodfin tetra's, 4 glowlight tetra's, and 2 glofish starfire red danio's.

I read that both bloodfin's and glowlight's do best in groups of 5 each, is this correct?? If that is the case, I would add 2 more bloodfins and 1 more glowlight

Will my Zebra Danio's and new glofish starfire red Danio school together??
Will the Bloodfin Tetras and the Glowlight Tetras school together???

I really want to add a rainbow shark, will this be okay with my current stock???

I am getting mixed information from other sites about the rainbow sharks...

I have a rainbow shark and he doesn't bother any of my angels, leaf fish or catfish but my black ghost knife which is similar in size does get picked on alittle bit but nothing where I see a danger in the fishes life. As long as the rainbow sharks territory is not threatened and if the other fish is alittle bit bigger you should be fine

Also my shark likes to nibble on my plants and sometimes eats some of the frozen foods I put in

My rainbow is one of the most peaceful fish I have. They can be aggressive though..it's kinda the luck of the draw. If they have alot of room and territory they should be alright.

ok, great to know thanks. Giffmastaflex how big is your leaf fish? I have looked into getting one of those. Is it pretty peaceful?

And if I decided to not go with the Rainbow Shark, would I be ok if I added another Angel? I have heard that this can be a bad idea, since I already have one Angel? My Angel isn't very big yet, probably a little smaller then a quarter.

I got my leaf fish when he was about a half inch to an inch and had him for about 4 months now and his is probably an inch and a half to two inches and he gets along with the angels all the time he swims with them too. When I come into my room my three angels and the leaf come right up to the glass to greet me. And if you have enough swim space in the middle and top of the tank another angel won't matter, it seems like my angels are a family even though I got them at different times and from different places, my smallest angels body is the size of a nickel and the two larger ones are about the size of a quarter to a half dollar. And my tank size is the same as yours so you will have no problem

I got my leaf fish when he was about a half inch to an inch and had him for about 4 months now and his is probably an inch and a half to two inches and he gets along with the angels all the time he swims with them too. When I come into my room my three angels and the leaf come right up to the glass to greet me. And if you have enough swim space in the middle and top of the tank another angel won't matter, it seems like my angels are a family even though I got them at different times and from different places, my smallest angels body is the size of a nickel and the two larger ones are about the size of a quarter to a half dollar. And my tank size is the same as yours so you will have no problem

Sweet, thanks, May try to get another Angel, plus the rainbow shark...

My rainbow is one of the most peaceful fish I have. They can be aggressive though..it's kinda the luck of the draw. If they have alot of room and territory they should be alright.

I agree with this. I have a red tail, a pretty similar species and it is pretty aggressive. I had to give away a rainbow shark because of it. It really went after him. It picks on other fish, but I have enough that no one gets singled out like the other shark did.

When I set up my 60 gallon I will likely add another rainbow.

I think you just have to keep an eye on them and see how they act. I also hear that they can become more aggressive as they get older.

I agree with this. I have a red tail, a pretty similar species and it is pretty aggressive. I had to give away a rainbow shark because of it. It really went after him. It picks on other fish, but I have enough that no one gets singled out like the other shark did.

When I set up my 60 gallon I will likely add another rainbow.

I think you just have to keep an eye on them and see how they act. I also hear that they can become more aggressive as they get older.

Ok good to know. Maybe will do a little more research about them. And continue to ask around. Definitely think i'm going to add the Angel. And will just see what I find out about the rainbow shark.

I added 2 more Bloodfins and 1 more glowlight tetra. So now I have 5 of each.

I am still thinking about adding another Angel or a Rainbow. What do you all think or do you have any other suggestions ?

Back
Top Bottom