Just got my 110 gallon fresh water tank!!!!!!!! So excited!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dizzydea

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have danios hot pinks, leopard, and zebras, glass fish orinoco plecos, albino bristle nose plecos, kohli loach, Farowela catfish, and 4 black and white fancy guppies. I plan to get a co2 system and have a dirt/ gravel substrate with lots of plants. It' has a sump with a refudgium (sp) but what other funky fish could I put in?

I have danios hot pinks, leopard, and zebras, glass fish orinoco plecos, albino bristle nose plecos, kohli loach, Farowela catfish, and 4 black and white fancy guppies. I plan to get a co2 system and have a dirt/ gravel substrate with lots of plants. It' has a sump with a refudgium (sp) but what other funky fish could I put in?

What exactly do you have? Numbers and species?

Here are some pic of them, 4 pink zebra danios, 3 reg zebra danios, 1 leopard danio, 4 fancy black guppies, 2 glass fish (not injected), 2 orinoco plecos, 6 baby albino bristle nose plecos, 1 black kuhli loach, and 1 Farowela cat fish

Attachments

• image-1908147638.jpg
    image-1908147638.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 98
  • image-3571852719.jpg
    image-3571852719.jpg
    107.2 KB · Views: 87
  • image-4102940058.jpg
    image-4102940058.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 91
  • image-1046688750.jpg
    image-1046688750.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 88
The fact you got one zebra danio in focus in pic #2 is great...my long fin blue danios never keep still!

Dizzydea said:

Let me say.. You will LOVE your albino BN pleco's! I have one and I love it. I'm kinda biased... But I got a Bolivian ram on Friday and I am in love! Also I think you could do some species of cories, their so cute and always active, their a favorite here :) have you heard of aqadvisor.com? It's a good site to use as a guideline (GUIDELINE, don't use it like a bible or trust it 100%!) to give you an idea of if your overstocked and any potential compatibility issues you may have. You definitely have the room for bolivian rams if you wanted to give them a shot. Here's a picture of my guy :) they are very peaceful, I have him in with 6 serpae tetras, 2 platies, 3 platy fry, 1 balloon Molly, 1 albino pleco and 5 cories in a 30g.

Attachments

• image-3430397193.jpg
    image-3430397193.jpg
    259.1 KB · Views: 107
Mrs.h2012 said:
Let me say.. You will LOVE your albino BN pleco's! I have one and I love it. I'm kinda biased... But I got a Bolivian ram on Friday and I am in love! Also I think you could do some species of cories, their so cute and always active, their a favorite here :) have you heard of aqadvisor.com? It's a good site to use as a guideline (GUIDELINE, don't use it like a bible or trust it 100%!) to give you an idea of if your overstocked and any potential compatibility issues you may have. You definitely have the room for bolivian rams if you wanted to give them a shot. Here's a picture of my guy :) they are very peaceful, I have him in with 6 serpae tetras, 2 platies, 3 platy fry, 1 balloon Molly, 1 albino pleco and 5 cories in a 30g.

Yes I quite like your ram he's very handsome! No I haven't heard of that site but I will definitely check it out. I'd like some really strange stuff like some eels or large loaches that wouldn't eat my other friends. Does anyone have experience with the back ghost knife fish? Will he eat the others?

Dizzydea said:
Yes I quite like your ram he's very handsome! No I haven't heard of that site but I will definitely check it out. I'd like some really strange stuff like some eels or large loaches that wouldn't eat my other friends. Does anyone have experience with the back ghost knife fish? Will he eat the others?

Knife fish get big and from what I understand once they get big they could eat anything that could fit in there mouths. Also kuhlis are supposed to do better in higher numbers also so you could add 4-5+.

Knife fish are predators so yeah your smaller stock will be at risk

Cynic said:
Knife fish are predators so yeah your smaller stock will be at risk

So danios, guppies and glass fish what about my plecos

So danios, guppies and glass fish what about my plecos

I kept a young bristlenose with my knife fish with no problems...not 100% sure regarding your Kuhlis sorry...first though are that they should be far too hidden to be an easy food source.

Back
Top Bottom