Just got this new electric blue ram!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

katieshan

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1429032669.261077.jpg

So beautiful!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I HAD one lol. He was doing great until a rescape and big cleaning then he just went downhill FAST. I think I threw his territory off and he stressed out. They are really sensitive fish Ive found and from talking to others DO NOT like change.
Not trying to scare you as its a beautiful fish and I love them cause they are so mellow but just letting you know so you have better luck than I

Im working on my 55 for some electric blue acaras

Yea we've had German blue Rams and we have gold Rams too...they are all excellent fish!

Yea we've had German blue Rams and we have gold Rams too...they are all excellent fish!

becareful with the german blue and gold when you add the electric blue.

The EBs are NOT aggressive and can be bullied by the more aggressive versions.

Actually my little GB female was FAR worse than my GB who was 3x's the size of everything else.

When I screwed up the territories thats when the bullying started. If you do any major change ups Id be sure to remove the rams and add the EBs in the tank first to make new space for themselves.

Just a suggestion. Georgous fish tho, I loved that fish he was so mellow and cool. To pricey to try again tho until the 55 is setup so there is more room for one.

We don't have the German blue Rams anymore just the gold Rams and so far all is good...a tiny bit of territory checking but nothing out of the ordinary. And we go out EB on sale at petsmart! I think it was 9 bucks! Lol couldn't resist

I HAD one lol. He was doing great until a rescape and big cleaning then he just went downhill FAST. I think I threw his territory off and he stressed out. They are really sensitive fish Ive found and from talking to others DO NOT like change.
Not trying to scare you as its a beautiful fish and I love them cause they are so mellow but just letting you know so you have better luck than I

Im working on my 55 for some electric blue acaras

I'm sorry for you loss but luckily I won't be changing the tank decorations around any time soon and he likes to school with my bolivian ram and even my kribensis haha

We don't have the German blue Rams anymore just the gold Rams and so far all is good...a tiny bit of territory checking but nothing out of the ordinary. And we go out EB on sale at petsmart! I think it was 9 bucks! Lol couldn't resist

my bad I got mixed up and thought your were the OP...... whoops

Back
Top Bottom