Just one plant with algae that I can't kick!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TMaier

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok I have reduced my photo period, added some amano shrimp and young snails and just about all the algae that burst out when I got my new Finnex 24/7 has been munched.
IMG_1484323283.939185.jpg

All except for this one. Any suggestions on spot treating or is it time to yank it out?

IMG_1484323337.234238.jpg

Sorry. Id yank it. Who knows might make it but one plant and rest looks so good. Less headache too me.

I pulled it out today. It's sitting in a bowl to see what if any can be salvaged.

The algae looks like it's been defeated (dead) to me. Maybe try to scrub it off with an soft or extra soft bristle tooth brush? With anything stiffer I've poked holes in leaves:ermm:
(my RCS also have never seemed interested in dead algae, I had to manually remove all of the dead stuff after I won my last battle)

I tried rubbing a leaf between my fingers and it (the algae) did not budge.

I couldn't get the dead green hair algae off of my ozelot sword with my fingers, either.... so I tried my toothbrush which didn't work, too soft, and then I grabbed the wife's which did (which I replaced with a new one before she got home)(y)

But the leaves on the sword are pretty durable, I'm not sure how tough the leaves on your plant are so your mileage may vary

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom