Just trying to spread the joy!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Brookster123

Aquarium Advice Addict
My gf's sister had just got a new apt. I thought it would be nice to set her up with a tank, 10 gal tetra starter kit later, here you go!! Not a bad little get up. Anyways... My gf just got back from her place and said the tank is crazy.. Cloudy clouddyyyy with 13+ platy/Molly in it. Man oh man what did u do?!?

My gf's sister had just got a new apt. I thought it would be nice to set her up with a tank, 10 gal tetra starter kit later, here you go!! Not a bad little get up. Anyways... My gf just got back from her place and said the tank is crazy.. Cloudy clouddyyyy with 13+ platy/Molly in it. Man oh man what did u do?!?

did you guys cycle the tank?

I tried to offer advice without coming off as a pushy fish geek, her bf had a running well established tank. I had her take one of his bio wheels and float it in her tank for a week, no fish but I threw some flake in there to feed the bb.

well if its just cloudy water that is normal on a new tank I think. My 10gal got really cloudy when I first started it up, then one day i woke up and bing...super clear. You could try some SeaChem Clarity. I use that every once in a while. Not to try to come off as a know it all...but isnt 13+ platy/mollies a lot for that size tank? I dont know for a fact but i hear those fish have a larger bio load than other fish of that size.

well if its just cloudy water that is normal on a new tank I think. My 10gal got really cloudy when I first started it up, then one day i woke up and bing...super clear. You could try some SeaChem Clarity. I use that every once in a while. Not to try to come off as a know it all...but isnt 13+ platy/mollies a lot for that size tank? I dont know for a fact but i hear those fish have a larger bio load than other fish of that size.
I'm not going to do anything, they all think I'm nuts for bring into this hobby as much as I am, my gf told her she thought there was a ridiculous amount if fish in there, even she knows it's wayyy overstocked and under filtered. It's just a sad situation.

I'm not going to do anything, they all think I'm nuts for bring into this hobby as much as I am, my gf told her she thought there was a ridiculous amount if fish in there, even she knows it's wayyy overstocked and under filtered. It's just a sad situation.

bummer dude...well to each their own. :whistle:

Some people can't be helped, not even with a 2x4 upside the head.
That's only half the story, her bf who gave her the fish was clearing out his 36 bowfront for some bala sharks :banghead with a 2x4: I want to step but I'm crazy for having 3 awesome, clean well organized tanks so they can figure it out the sad way. I don't like passionately explains things only to watch eyes roll.

Back
Top Bottom