Just waiting for my new fish to arrive (drip setup)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Some fish just kick the bucket after their long journey and having new tank syndrome. Not much you can do about it. Part of the acclimatization. That's why my lfs always throws in a few more than you need cause its pretty much guaranteed you'll lose a few. How long did you acclimate?

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Some fish just kick the bucket after their long journey and having new tank syndrome. Not much you can do about it. Part of the acclimatization. That's why my lfs always throws in a few more than you need cause its pretty much guaranteed you'll lose a few. How long did you acclimate?

Sent from my HTCONE using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks Herky213 and everyone else.

Update: 1 additional female Boesemani died this AM. Bringing the death total to 3 fish - 2 female Boesemani and 1 Panda Cory.

We went, as a family, to That Fish Place (about an hour and 30mins away) and I had all 3 fish credited. They confirmed all my water stats were spot on including some additional water tests.

We just got home and good news - no more deaths. I do have replacement + a few new fish. I am now floating the bags. Inhabitants of said bags are:
3 female Boesemani Rainbows
2 Panda Cory
3 female Fancy Guppy - wait till you see them really nice colors.

So lets see how this goes.

If no one dies my final fish population, in my 55 gal, would be:
6 Boesemani Rainbows (2M, 4F)
7 Panda Corys
7 female Fancy Guppies
~10 Ghost Shrimp
~ +12 small Malaysian trumpet snails

If no one dies my final fish population, in my 55 gal, would be:
6 Boesemani Rainbows (2M, 4F)
7 Panda Corys
7 female Fancy Guppies
~10 Ghost Shrimp
~ +12 small Malaysian trumpet snails

So far so good.
I check this morning and all appear alive though I could not count all 7 Panda Corys ...noone was stuck to the filter inlet.

At work today so will check again when I get home.

-GD007

Unfortunately, when I got home from work today, I found one of the male boesemani rainbow fish dead on the bottom. Everyone else seems fine. Water is fine. So I dunno..

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here is the male. Any clues?

Attachments

• 1387841017106.jpg
    1387841017106.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 68
...here is a clue, but maybe I'm racing, one of the guppies gave birth. I cannot see the fry in my plants. Is it possible this one ate too much?

I would think they'd be bloated if it ate too much. But I don't know for sure.

I'm so sorry this is happening.
I'm new to the hobby also and have had a lot of losses (I got some sick fish from my LFS, just confirmed today that they had been sick!! THANKS LFS). So I can empathize with how annoying and frustrating this is.

Back
Top Bottom