Juwel Vision

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MarkW19

Aquarium Advice Addict
I like the look of these aquariums - they're bowed glass (see pic).

But, I'm wondering if the bowed glass will distort the view of the fish, and sort of magnify them? So what I'm seeing won't be fully "real" ?

Attachments

• 06800_71800_133.jpg
    06800_71800_133.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 29
I have an S shaped tank that is currently going through a fishless cycle, but it does have several plants in it. When I am more than 2 or 3 ft back I don't really notice any distortion at all. If I get up too close to look at something I sometimes have the feeling that I am wearing someone elses glasses, but that is only if I am trying to focus on something small like a new leaf or checking rocks for algae. Overall I really like the look of it and having varying widths allows for some more creative aquascaping.

Hopefully someone with fish in there fishtank can speak to how they look :)

EDIT: One other thing I forgot to mention. I have two heaters in the tank one at each end and the heater on the "fat" end does look bigger than the heater at the "skinny" end. So I guess there is some magnification. Still I think the unique design is a selling point for me. YMMV

Thanks for the reply!

Does anyone have one of these (or seen one of these) with fish in it, to comment?

my lfs has one of these set up for display, i want to say it's a 65-75 gal.. emptyh's description of his is my same impression of the one with fish in it. from a couple feet away all looks pretty normal, but any closer and "looking through someone else's glasses" is a great way to put it...

Back
Top Bottom