Keen to learn!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JoannaG

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone!

We are relative beginners to aquariums, but now have two tanks. We've made some mistakes along the way, but we do now have a local aquarium dude whom we trust.

To our surprise, we bought our rainbow shark a nice big castle to take control of, only to find that it became a love nest to our bristlenoses and they're breeding like CRAZY! I suspect that we've already had more than 100 that have been eaten by the other fish in the tank, but I also suspect that there are probably another 100 little fry in there.

Any ideas about what to do with them?

Our aquarium dude suggested a nursery tank, but we can't make that work, and it only delays the problem anyway. I'm only concerned about it because our other fish are being barged out of the way by territorial horny bristlenoses, and the rainbow shark is still getting aggressive because his castle has been taken over.

I'm happy to offer them online for free, but also happy to see what other ideas this community has!

Thanks in advance!

It takes some work, to raise them. You could use a plastic tote. I have seen a fish room where there were probably 15 totes with all sizes of babies. Those guys are pretty busy!

What size tank is this? It might be a little too small hearing this dynamic.

I 'm sure people would snap them up for a reasonable price.

Trade to fish store for credit.

Sell as a breeding pair.

Separate them.

Back
Top Bottom