Keeping it all in the family

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phoenixphire55

Aquarium Advice Freak
So about 6 (?) months ago one of my female mollies had babies and two have survived and turned into very cool looking little fish. The dad is an orange striped sailfin and the mom is probably a black dalmatian molly, but she could also be a yellow molly or a black balloon molly. Anyway there is one male and one female baby and the female kinda looks like a balloon molly, and the male looks like a semi-sailfin.
In the last few days the father and the brother have been chasing the little female around and displaying etc. Besides being really cool to see, it makes me worry that the female will get stressed out and die. I have a little breeding net set up in the tank but I am having a ton of trouble getting her in it. Any suggestions? There are lots of plants in there but I could put another really big one in.

I'll post pictures soon.

I already have 5 female mollies, but it might reduce the aggression of the male if I got a new one? That makes sense I suppose. I haven't seen much chasing today so hopefully she'll be ok.

Back
Top Bottom