Keeping molly fry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishyfish1

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,
I'm fairly new to keeping a community tank. My tank is 30g with 5 albino corys and 3 mollies. All fish in my tank seem to be well and happy, thankfully. One of the mollies i bought(really not sure which one) had fry not too long after getting her. I only found 1 fry so I'm assuming the others didn't survive as I wasn't expecting fry so had nothing set up. She had this fry a couple of days before I went on vacation, so as of now he is in a breeder box on the side of my tank. I do plan on setting up a 5 gal aquarium for him to live in until he is big enough to go in my community tank. The only problem is I have no idea how to care for fry, so any advice would be appreciated so i can keep the little guy happy and healthy! Thanks!

In my experience, livebearer fry are pretty easy to take care of. I've always kept mine in the breeder box until they were big enough to not be eaten. Not sure if the 5 gallon is necessary. I just fed mine flake food that i crushed into a powder. I've heard of other people feeding theirs live foods or hard-boiled egg yolk but I've never done it myself.

Back
Top Bottom