Keeping tadpoles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pattyfurg

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm not sure what kind of tadpoles they are but I have a thread from not long ago called "Id tadpoles" and it has plenty of pictures on it.
I have been feeding them by throwing in some; boiled lettuce, goldfish food, algae (collected on a sponge from my goldfish pond and squeezed in (also growing on rock)) and occasionally brine shrimp.
I can't tell what they are or are not eating so I put all of that in their tank and then do a water change at the end of the day.
At first I kept them outside in their tank because I believed that having them there would replicate the temperature they would be in in a lake but then I read that it's better to have them at a warmer temp (room temp) so they metamorph faster.
I'm raising their temp by about 2F a day.

Today after work I may go to the pet store and buy them some food if I can find it :)
Does anyone suggest I get anything else?
Oh and there is currently 5 1 & 1/2 inch tadpoles in a 15 gallon

Here's just some questions I have :)

1. Will they be better with gravel or bare bottom?

2. What size tank SHOULD they be in?

3. What temp is recommended?

4. What is the best food I can give them for health and maximum growth?

5. Will I need to buy anything else when they turn into frogs?

And also I think I may have one tadpole that is going to grow into a different type of frog because it is the only one that had ruffles on it's tail... Will they be OK together?

You will need to buy a turtle dock or some thing that floats to give the frogs a land area.

Back
Top Bottom