Kenya trees and xenia-food and essentials

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jodirt

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
hi
what type of food should I feed my kenya trees and xenia? also, what trace elements do i need to add in my tank. thanks for the help

Depending on the size of your tank, your lighting, the frequency of your water changes and the type of salt you use, you should not have to feed them at all or add any trace elements.
My # 1 rule for supplements is....do not add anything to the tank that you don't test for.

(y)
My # 1 rule for supplements is....do not add anything to the tank that you don't test for.

The Xenia will grab what it needs from the water column and at some point it will try to overtake your tank unless you keep pruning it.

The Kenya Tree Coral may require some additional feeding of microplankton, marine snow, etc.

For what it's worth-I have both of those corals in my tank and I don't add anything for them. I do have some filter feeders that I feed with marine snow, so I figure that if anything, they probably benefit from that, combined with regular pwc's every week.

My kenya tree will drop a branch every now and then....it surfs around the tank for a day or so and attaches itself to some lr. I started with one kenya tree and I now have 5 of them.

And, btw, cmor is more than right about the xenia....it will go nuts unless you monitor it.

HTH

thanks everyone for your input. greatly appreciated.

Are these corals in the tank you asked about cycling in antoher thread? If so, I would highly recommend you bring them back to the LFS until your tank cycles fully and completely. You will have a challenge keeping water parameters in order. Doing water very frequent water changes will help save yyour corals but will also great increase your cycle-time.

As far as feeding goes...No need to worry about special feeding. They get what they need from the water column at tank feeding time. The addition of zooplankton a couple times a week may be beneficial. Keep up on the water changes to replenish and depleted trance elements. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom