Killer coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Garrett706

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I came gone from work today and could not find one of my newest additions my new foxface, so I fed and came back to check on him and found him inside my one of my larger corals. I didn't know what to do and I knew he was gone so I figured if I tried to pull him out it do more damage to the coral.

My question is do I need to watch for any spikes or changes in the tank?

Params as of now:
Ammonia 0 ppm
Nitrate 0 ppm
Phosphate 0 ppm
PH 8.1
SG 1.025

My foxface was 2"

Is that a hammer coral? And you're saying it killed your fox face? I've never heard of a hammer being that aggressive.... You said your fox face was new.... Maybe he passed from something else and ended up floating into it.

So I came gone from work today and could not find one of my newest additions my new foxface, so I fed and came back to check on him and found him inside my one of my larger corals. I didn't know what to do and I knew he was gone so I figured if I tried to pull him out it do more damage to the coral.

My question is do I need to watch for any spikes or changes in the tank?

Params as of now:
Ammonia 0 ppm
Nitrate 0 ppm
Phosphate 0 ppm
PH 8.1
SG 1.025

My foxface was 2"

Wow, thats sad :(

But yes, I would certainly keep an eye out for nutrient spikes. The entire fish is in the tank putting out nutrients whether it is being consumed by a coral or left to decay in the tank. Basically, what goes in must come out.

I have had a bubble coral for 15 yrs now and my clowns have always hosted it. I can pretty well guarantee you that the bubble coral did not kill it. It might have died and floated to it but bubble corals do not have the ability to kill fish. Those sweeper tentacles will harm corals but not a healthy fish.

This is my clown in the same type bubble coral years back

100_0638.jpg

This is my bubble coral at age 15

100_1964.jpg

Back
Top Bottom