Kiwi fruit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, has anyone fed kiwi fruit to their shrimp and snail's? I'm thinking of trying it but wondered if anyone else has. Cheers

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Lol it's the same here but I managed to hide one! Cleaned it took out the seeds dropped it in the tank, the shrimp didn't bother with it my cana snail went in for a bite didn't like it, it's the first time i thought a snail was going to throw up! So nope they didn't like it :D

Yep probably Lol they'll be worried what I'm going to drop in next :eek:

:)

Do you find your snails eat much algae? I picked up 6 or so ramshorn snails by accident and have seen a couple of them on the algae on the rocks (beard algae I think).

The algae is pretty slow growing but about every 6 to 9 months end up cleaning the rocks out of the tank.

Yeah I have red ramshorn snails in both my tank's and they do a good job on the algae. They're helpful little guy's constantly cleaning. Mine have left a few egg sacs but I don't mind really like to have them.

That does sound good. I saw 3 this morning so seems (somewhat surprisingly) that the yo yo loaches are leaving them alone. Will see how they go.

I keep meaning to spot treat with h2o2 so anything the snails can cut out will help. One was busy on a trek across the gravel and another was kind of waving on a plant with green spot algae that I have been also slack on treating. One side of the tank gets a little natural light and it seems this side gets a bit more algae.

Do you find they damage the plants much? Not that I'd probably notice with the fish but out of interest.

To be honest I haven't noticed, they just seem to clean them. I like them as they pick up food that's left so they're really handy to have.

Back
Top Bottom