Koralia nano powerhead?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bshenanagins

Aquarium Advice Addict
I think I have a ton of dead spots in my tank and as a fault algae is present. I have iminated all other factors and I believe this is the last piece of the puzzle. My filter output is blocked by my massive amazon and so it chops up the current tremendously. Being a 40B it has a lot of ground to cover and so I thought a couple powerhead my be the answer I've heard good things about these but hbu plant guys what's the verdict?

As you know I use them and I'm pretty sure Brian_Nano12g has them in his tanks. They are really nice little PH's.

Yeah got ur PM, figured I'd make sure they are the best bang for my buck

They're nice powerheads. The 240 would be best for your purposes. What kind of algae are you seeing?

That being said.....

My filter output is blocked by my massive amazon and so it chops up the current tremendously

Why don't you move your output/sword? Can you post a pic of this tank for reference (and because I want to see how the large sword looks in a 40B).

They're nice powerheads. The 240 would be best for your purposes. What kind of algae are you seeing?

That being said.....

Why don't you move your output/sword? Can you post a pic of this tank for reference (and because I want to see how the large sword looks in a 40B).

Well massive might be an exaggeration but compared to everything else in there lol here's the the tank, there's some red ludwigia and scattered repens missing as its not my most recent pic. I'm currently at work

Attachments

• image-4080740733.jpg
    image-4080740733.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 65
And it's BBA. It's all over my micro swords, parts of my javas in the middle, driftwood, and parts of the amazon

That being said.....

Here's a pic I just took. I moved the nozzle down to the middle of the tank to avoid the amazon leaves and get more co2 distribution so it shoots out to the middle of the tank not the surface.

Attachments

• image-3804382441.jpg
    image-3804382441.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 62
  • image-1343581303.jpg
    image-1343581303.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 48
Is that helping your circulation issue?

I can't really tell to be honest. But I wish my javas would move a bit more. It has become a bush in the center and it harbors all the detritus and poop that happens to get trapped. I'm going to trim it up a lot since its also covered in BBA as well. Excited to get my power heads tomorrow

Back
Top Bottom