Kribs? Rams?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pton46

Aquarium Advice Freak
Anyone have a good link on Kribs, Rams?

Or if you have them share your experiences with them, Pics are welcome too.

Info I'm looking for is like,

How many you have?

What do you have with them?

Looking for members opinions and experiences.

Thanks looking forward for the responses.:thanks:

it would be a 35 gallon Hex tank plenty of hiding spots and I'll will build some rock hiding spots etc.

2 GBRs in a 20 gallon long tankmates are zebra danios, platies, cories, bristlenose,

it is decorated with all rock from a creek nearby and real plants

I myself had never had any problems in terms of aggression with my rams. they cruise the entire tank and i enjoy them alot

never had kribs so cant say anything about them,

rams are touchy if your nitrates get too high so you need to to a little more water changes than usual but nothing extreme

After researching the RAM/Krib "in the same tank" scenario, I decided to give it a try. I placed my paired up kribs in one corner and a paired up GBR's in the opposite corner. My two Bolivian Rams (not paired up) hang in the center.

At first the GBR's started chasing the Krib since the Krib was the newcomer. I have these six Cichlids in a 150 gal tank with gourami's, Tiger barbs, Bala's and others.

Anyway, the RAM's found out soon enough to stay clear of the Kribs. My Kribs recently spawned and are now prancing their fry around the whole aquarium as they please. They will displace 40 other fish as they go. I've got a really big snakeskin Gourami and these Kribs have no problem keeping her at bay. Nice part about this is that not a single fish has been hurt. The Kribs are definitely on top of the chain. I’m glad that they’re not overly mean.

When I first decided to get a 36g tank, I knew I was going to get kribs. Everything I get was going to be centered around the kribs. I had them with large danios, tiger barbs, platys and a silver tipped shark (I had to remove that early).

My kribs gave birth 7 weeks ago to 100 babies and it was really fascinating to watch the kribs protect their young from others. I have them in a 55g now, and sold 40 fries.

Although I never had rams, I had always wanted GBR but heard they were very sensitive. Opposed to the super hardy kribs.

Thanks for all the shared experiences. I am still on the fence, but this help greatly!

Back
Top Bottom