kuhli feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellyx

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, just wondering what you guys feed them? Want to make sure mine are getting a staple diet. Thanks

Hi, just wondering what you guys feed them? Want to make sure mine are getting a staple diet. Thanks

Mine eat algae wafers with the plecs and pretty much any if the other food I feed the fish that makes it to the bottom. Micro pellets, spirulina flakes, frozen brine shrimp and blood worms. And I have another type of frozen food called fish dinner it has a bit of a mixture in it and spinach and peas as well. They eat it all.

Mine eat algae wafers with the plecs and pretty much any if the other food I feed the fish that makes it to the bottom. Micro pellets, spirulina flakes, frozen brine shrimp and blood worms. And I have another type of frozen food called fish dinner it has a bit of a mixture in it and spinach and peas as well. They eat it all.

Thanks. I,ve been feeding, frozen brine, bloodworm, mosquito larvae, shrimp pellet, algae wafers & they love cucumber. Does yours grab food from the surface?

Thanks. I,ve been feeding, frozen brine, bloodworm, mosquito larvae, shrimp pellet, algae wafers & they love cucumber. Does yours grab food from the surface?

Well seems like their getting a good mixture already :) no I've never seen mine do that only from the bottom.

Decided too try some banana in my tank, my kuhlis & elephant nose loved it!

ForumRunner_20121223_203247.jpg

Decided too try some banana in my tank, my kuhlis & elephant nose loved it!

Just wondering from you pic it looks like you have small gravel in your tank, I was told that the elephant nose's need to have sand in the tank, I was thinking about getting one but have gravel like yours. Is it doing ok in your tank?

Just wondering from you pic it looks like you have small gravel in your tank, I was told that the elephant nose's need to have sand in the tank, I was thinking about getting one but have gravel like yours. Is it doing ok in your tank?

Mines doing fine had him for 10mths, my gravels round no sharp pieces. I was thinking of changing to sand but he's doing great so I'm not going to change it :)

Mines doing fine had him for 10mths, my gravels round no sharp pieces. I was thinking of changing to sand but he's doing great so I'm not going to change it :)

That's what mine looks like

image-3211729847.jpg

Would you say that would be ok?
Plus is there anything that doesn't go well with them?
I have a pleco, frog, loches, mollies, guppy's, catfish, platy and Dwarf gourami's

That's what mine looks like

Would you say that would be ok?
Plus is there anything that doesn't go well with them?
I have a pleco, frog, loches, mollies, guppy's, catfish, platy and Dwarf gourami's

The main thing I would look for when adding an elephant nose would be how many bottom dweller,s you have, as most can't fight for food. What kind of loachs? & catfish do you have. Mines in a 55 gallon with kuhlis who he doesn't bother.

The main thing I would look for when adding an elephant nose would be how many bottom dweller,s you have, as most can't fight for food. What kind of loachs? & catfish do you have. Mines in a 55 gallon with kuhlis who he doesn't bother.

I have albino corydoras (they are catfish aint they? lol) and kuhil loach's

I have albino corydoras (they are catfish aint they? lol) and kuhil loach's

That's the same as mine lol he should be fine, make sure he has a cave to hide in. And if you do get one, feed him live bloodworm,s when the lights are off that's what I did with mine, if you need anymore info just let me know. They're great fish to have :)

Back
Top Bottom