Kuhli loach antics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bigfish99

Aquarium Advice Freak
So i have had 6 kuhlis for 8 weeks now in my 55 gallon. They rarely are out during the day, but become very active at night as most kuhlis do, or so i hear. So i really have no idea how many are there at any given time, i just assume all 6 are present since i have not seen any dead. There are many rocks, caves, plants, etc so it is hard to find them without removing everything. They are about 3 inches long and not too thick, not sure what is normal for them right now. Anyway, i have 2 aquaclear 70's on the tank. Today i was performing my weekly PWC and monthly filter maintenance and as i pour the water out of one of the filters, out comes 2 kuhli's! They must have either been sucked up the intake, swam up it, or a bit of both. They could have been in there for up to a month!

So, the questions:

Has this ever happened to anyone?

Could they have been trying to find a hiding space up there?

Any reason i should be concerned?

Obviously i will check the filter box weekly now, but what a surprise it was when 2 things wiggled out of my filter...it kinda scared my until i realized what they were!

So i have had 6 kuhlis for 8 weeks now in my 55 gallon. They rarely are out during the day, but become very active at night as most kuhlis do, or so i hear. So i really have no idea how many are there at any given time, i just assume all 6 are present since i have not seen any dead. There are many rocks, caves, plants, etc so it is hard to find them without removing everything. They are about 3 inches long and not too thick, not sure what is normal for them right now. Anyway, i have 2 aquaclear 70's on the tank. Today i was performing my weekly PWC and monthly filter maintenance and as i pour the water out of one of the filters, out comes 2 kuhli's! They must have either been sucked up the intake, swam up it, or a bit of both. They could have been in there for up to a month!

So, the questions:

Has this ever happened to anyone?

Could they have been trying to find a hiding space up there?

Any reason i should be concerned?

Obviously i will check the filter box weekly now, but what a surprise it was when 2 things wiggled out of my filter...it kinda scared my until i realized what they were!

My kuhli like to hide in my filter they go in the top then they come out the bottom! I check every morning to see if there's any in. I use to find one on the filter floss eating the bloodworm lol

Mines a jewel rio filter it's boxed in, there's a hole inside it were they can go through and it takes them out the bottom which is handy for them :)

Back
Top Bottom