Kuhli Loach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AquaCheatah

Aquarium Advice Activist
whats up forum

so today me and my lil brother went out and thought we would go fish hunting as he calls it

reason to getting the new addition to my 48 gal tank filled with
guppies and two plecos is that i got an infestation of what it seems to be pond snails

now i took care of the big ones and pawned them to a local fish store (mom and pops if any case)

and i really didnt want to go with clown loach cause at the end i would end up keeping him not realizing they would out grow my tank and i had one before but i gave him up and it was sad :( cause i would hear his clicks when morning came around.. and not to long ago i asked the common question what type of loach would eat snails that wouldnt out grow my tank and i had good ones but the kuhli loach looks cool reminds me of slimie from Sesame Street

well any way i been reading more on em and some places claim that kuhli loaches dont really take fond of pond snails (which is what i have) tho they might eat the small ones and egg sacks ( so i think) i will see what i can come up with i made a video and will be collecting more videos of them eating em if i can be privileged to see it first hand

but thought i would share its been a while since i posted

whats up forum

so today me and my lil brother went out and thought we would go fish hunting as he calls it

reason to getting the new addition to my 48 gal tank filled with
guppies and two plecos is that i got an infestation of what it seems to be pond snails

now i took care of the big ones and pawned them to a local fish store (mom and pops if any case)

and i really didnt want to go with clown loach cause at the end i would end up keeping him not realizing they would out grow my tank and i had one before but i gave him up and it was sad :( cause i would hear his clicks when morning came around.. and not to long ago i asked the common question what type of loach would eat snails that wouldnt out grow my tank and i had good ones but the kuhli loach looks cool reminds me of slimie from Sesame Street

well any way i been reading more on em and some places claim that kuhli loaches dont really take fond of pond snails (which is what i have) tho they might eat the small ones and egg sacks ( so i think) i will see what i can come up with i made a video and will be collecting more videos of them eating em if i can be privileged to see it first hand

but thought i would share its been a while since i posted

IME, kuhlis wont touch snails, I guess they may take care of the tiny babies and maybe eggs. Why dont you try a snail trap and feeding less, I think that would be a much better option than buying a fish to take care of a problem you can handle unless youve already got the fish's requirements met

I have 14 kuhli and none touch my ramshorn snails i wish they would lol i get more snails as i do overfeed :)

Your best bet for snail erratication would be an assassin snail or go old school and pick them out and freeze them.

Back
Top Bottom