Kuhlii loach loss of pigmentation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lucavicini

Aquarium Advice Regular
Yesterday I noticed that at least two of my Kuhlii loaches (in total 6 in a peaceful community aquarium), lost almost completely its colour. They are now almost completely white. I am not really sure what this is. Is this a disease or some sort of poisoning?

At the beginning I thought that it might be poor feeding or unbalanced diet as the 4 corydoras in the tank are extremely active and probably don't leave much to eat to the Kuhlii.

please Help!!!! I am quite worried...

Upon doing some reasearch, I believe its just faded from when they sleep all day under a cave or dw. Its probobly perfectly fine

Hello!
Thanks for the reassuring answer. You must be right, because after a couple of days of observation, I cannot see any change in their behaviour... I just would like to understand why they loose colours... :)

probs because they had been sleeping as said previously or just their mood.. it happend to mine as well but the next day he had his amazing colour back,

Most species will "grey out" for many reasons. Sometimes they are stressed, sometimes they are sick, sometimes it's after rest. It's enough to make you feel like you're walking on eggshells when you first take up the hobby, but then you see that it's normal for that fish or species. You finally relax only after spending many sleepless nights wondering what you've done wrong. When you realize that everything is alright, you point your finger at the fish in question, say "you stupid fish!" a few times and then it's all better..... :D

I told my betta he was stupid, he dissapeared for just a week, and came back with hid g.e.d. it was deff. A shock...

Back
Top Bottom