large mouth bass feeding

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ChaosTropicals

Aquarium Advice Regular
What should i feed my large mouth bass? i was thinking minnows and crawfish, and worms or is this a bad idea?

(THIS IS WILD CAUGHT)

How big of a fish is it and how large of a tank? Also, what state do you live in?

If it's big enough I would probably feed it silversides and worms. You can buy packages of silversides at the LFS frozen. They will be safer than feeding it parasite infested feeder fish.

How big of a fish is it and how large of a tank? Also, what state do you live in?

If it's big enough I would probably feed it silversides and worms. You can buy packages of silversides at the LFS frozen. They will be safer than feeding it parasite infested feeder fish.

Im growing it out for our pond so its gonna be around 6-8 inches and in a 55 gallon tank till its about 10-12 inches then released into the pond

Im growing it out for our pond so its gonna be around 6-8 inches and in a 55 gallon tank till its about 10-12 inches then released into the pond

Yeah, I think the silversides would be good for it.

Be sure to check state laws, in Michigan it's illegal to own any game fish outside of its fishing season. You also need to have a fishing license kept current.

Back
Top Bottom