Led 8 gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mab2000

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently got an Aqueon Evolve 8 gallon tank. It has RCS, a betta, and a nerite snail. It comes with a stock LED light. They was no information on color spectrum, wattage, or lumens that this light produces. I figured that low light plants would be okay. I do not have a CO2 system in this tank. I used Nutrafin plant grow liquid fertilizer until I got the shrimp. I read that the copper can be bad for the shrimp. The amazon sword I put in last week os looking pretty bad. The leaves are wilting and turning brown. My thoughts were to get some root tabs and maybe switching to a cfl lamp. I may be over analyzing since the tank has only been set up for a week. What do you think?

I doubt a stock LED light would be good for growing any plants. Those lights are basically just to brighten up the tank so you can observe fish. LED fixtures suitable for growing plants require much more powerful LEDs than would be included with a stock hood.

A CFL lamp would probably work out well for growing swords. The root tabs would be a good idea as well. Swords are heavy root feeders.

Back
Top Bottom