Led lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giffmastaflex

Aquarium Advice Freak
I saw a cool YouTube video where a guy had a 180 gallon tank with color changing led lights. Does anyone know where I can get those for mine, my tank is 55 gallons (48 inches long)

I saw a cool YouTube video where a guy had a 180 gallon tank with color changing led lights. Does anyone know where I can get those for mine, my tank is 55 gallons (48 inches long)

I saw that video. Actually a member here has them. Goes from red,green,blue,white etc etc etc or you can leave it on one color right? I believe he got them at an auto parts store.

Really? You think that would grow plants though? He had a remote too I saw something on amazon that you can out in the water on amazon too. And I assume LEDs would be better than t5 high output right?

Really? You think that would grow plants though? He had a remote too I saw something on amazon that you can out in the water on amazon too. And I assume LEDs would be better than t5 high output right?

Not necessarily... I have T5's for my planted tank. I'm new to planted but you may wanna look into that more and get more opinions. I think the video was more for just looks then anything else.

I know several lfs suggest led over t5 but idk about t5 high output ill have to do some research and all and it would be neat if it could change colors too just for effect at night after the plants got there light and how long have you had your tank planted? And what kind do you have in there? I just have the bulbs from petsmart to start off and they are actually growing pretty well

So far, I haven't found any high output, 3 watt RGB LED fixtures that are adequate for medium-high to high output plant lights sold at Petco or Petsmart. The regular single bright and double bright LED Petsmart sells are good for low to low-medium light output only and are not really at the optimum Kelvin temp for medium to advanced plants. Do your research. LED's or T5 HO's. I have both and each has its own advantages/disadvantages.
For example- 24" marineland double bright regular LEDs rate 450 lumens. The Marineland 24" high output 3W RBG LEDs rate 1720 lumens. BIG difference in the same size. I post this so that if you think you may get into planted tanks seriously, it may save you from a rather expensive repurchase down the road as I had to do. Life & Luck, OS.

Back
Top Bottom