LED Moonlight

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like that it transitions the fish from total dark to light gently. Less stress is the theory. Think about it, The sun doesn't pop up to noon instantly. OS.

Thanks, I'm looking into getting one. I've seen various pictures of tanks with them fitted and they look great.

I once asked Fluval this as a setup of theirs I had purchased had this feature. They informed me that the LED Moonlight is not visible to the fish and causes the nocturnal fish to become active. The advantage of this being that under its blue glow you can still see your nocturnal fish. They also informed me that it is fine to leave it on all night (as the fish are not affected by it) if wanted. I do this and it casts a nice blue glow in the room at night.

I once asked Fluval this as a setup of theirs I had purchased had this feature. They informed me that the LED Moonlight is not visible to the fish and causes the nocturnal fish to become active. The advantage of this being that under its blue glow you can still see your nocturnal fish. They also informed me that it is fine to leave it on all night (as the fish are not affected by it) if wanted. I do this and it casts a nice blue glow in the room at night.

The more I hear about moonlight LED's the more I want one!

Hi there,

I just wanted to add my two cents about moonlight LED's. I fitted my ten gallon planted aquarium with an EcoPico blue light strip and I love it! My plants are thriving (though I have no idea if there is any correlation between the light or if the plants just like the tank) and my fish definitely don't seem bothered by the blue. I love watching them with just the blue on. Very relaxing when I'm winding down before bed time!

I dont find this to be true. I have tried turning my extremely dim blue led light on in the middle of the night (after having lights off a few hours) to check on my fish and they immediately respond to it. My nocturnal fish will still come out though, so it can't be that bad. They definitely can see it though.

Also, when I transition from lights on, to moonlight, to off they notice the change from moonlight to off. My neons in particular. They zip around like crazy after i turn the moonlights on or off.

I dont find this to be true. I have tried turning my extremely dim blue led light on in the middle of the night (after having lights off a few hours) to check on my fish and they immediately respond to it. My nocturnal fish will still come out though, so it can't be that bad. They definitely can see it though.

Also, when I transition from lights on, to moonlight, to off they notice the change from moonlight to off. My neons in particular. They zip around like crazy after i turn the moonlights on or off.

Same here my fish zip about like nutters when the lights change over ... And i only have my moonlight on for 2 hours then it's bedtime :)

It could be possible they heard you coming or reacted to the sound of the light switch sliding over. Of course I'm not saying you're wrong either.

My Cories (Panda & Dwarf), always start zipping around when I switch to the blue Moonlight....

My tetras and corys start swimming higher up in the tank when the moon lights come on and the bright main lights are off. Makes sense, as their natural waters are very tea colored and under a thick jungle canopy. So in nature they live in a pretty shaded environment. OS.

Back
Top Bottom