Leopold's Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PNWaquarist

Aquarium Advice Addict
I've been looking around for a single centerpiece fish for my 29 and noticed that the Wet Spot has wild-caught Leopold's Angelfish (a.k.a. Long Nose Angelfish, P. leopoldi) in stock. This smaller species would likely be a better fit for a 29 than the ubiquitous P. scalare.

Does anybody have experience with this species? If so, I'd like to hear about it. Since this is a relatively rare species in the trade, info on reputable web sites is somewhat sparse. Cichlid Forum doesn't regard it as particularly difficult to keep or aggressive towards tankmates (provided that it's a single individual). But that's about all I know.

I have one in my 29. Biggest baby of a fish ever. While a smaller species mines going on about 3 years and still pretty good sized. He's in with rummynose tetras and some catfish and just chills out

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have one in my 29. Biggest baby of a fish ever. While a smaller species mines going on about 3 years and still pretty good sized. He's in with rummynose tetras and some catfish and just chills out

Good to hear, thanks. I've read that they max out at about 4" long. Has that been your experience?

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom