Lethargic Scooter Blenny

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TKEON230

Aquarium Advice Regular
I've had a Scooter Blenny that has been acting fine for the past 3 months. He hops all over the tank eating copepods and sifting through the sand. Today he has been hanging out in one spot of the tank just laying on the sand. Is this normal behavior? He is alive because he moves every once in a while, but he seems like like this one spot today.

Is he still eating? Have you run out of pods? Have you checked your water parameters?

I checked my water parameters 2 days ago and they were the following:
Salinity: 1.023
pH: 8.2
Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 0

Unless he is searching around at night, I don't think he's been eating in the past 24 hours. He's just kinda laying in one corner of the tank. He's still alive, though, because he changes his position if you get too close to the tank and it startles him.

You may want to get some extra pods, sounds like he has decimated his natural food source. I had on in my 4 year old 55 and he still starved. It even looked like he was eating frozen, but still didn't make it.

I think he may be dead. Some nassarius snails have started getting really close to him and have piled up sand all around him. Almost like they are burying him :cry:

Sorry to hear that. It sounds like he ate up the pods and didnt have anything to eat.

Yeah, I guess that is the last time that I fully trust the advice of my LFS. I went in there looking for a new fish a few months ago and they recommended him. Next time I'll do my research in advance and go in with a specific fish in mind.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom