Light Fixtures?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Austin.b

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi, I have a 10G planted tank and I was wondering what kind of light fixture I could get. I haven't had ANY success with finding small T5s or anything like that for a 10G tank. Would a LED fixture work well with plants? Also, are there any websites I could check out? Thanks!!

P.S. What do you guys think of my newly renovated tank? Haha

View attachment 66242

View attachment 66243

View attachment 66244

What plants do you want to grow that you think you need T5HOs for?

1) T5HOs on a 10g would be clear CO2 territory, IMO.
2) T5 bulbs start at 24"

LEDs might be decent light on a tank like that, but honestly, two 13-15w CFL bulbs in a normal stock hood is a good level of light for about anything.

aqua_chem said:
What plants do you want to grow that you think you need T5HOs for?

1) T5HOs on a 10g would be clear CO2 territory, IMO.
2) T5 bulbs start at 24"

LEDs might be decent light on a tank like that, but honestly, two 13-15w CFL bulbs in a normal stock hood is a good level of light for about anything.

Ok, I'll just start CO2 then. Right now I have two 15 watt bulbs on a cheapy hood haha. Thank you!

I put a spiral daylight bulb from Home Depot on mine with a clip on shoplight fixture. Works well, it was the 14 watt - 60 watt equivilant

molly100a said:
I put a spiral daylight bulb from Home Depot on mine with a clip on shoplight fixture. Works well, it was the 14 watt - 60 watt equivilant

Wow! Guess whose going to home depot tomm? Aha thanks

Back
Top Bottom