Lighting Confusion and Plant Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman793

Aquarium Advice Regular
i am confused about my lighting and what category it is in(low,moderate,high). i believe it is moderate lighting but not very many of my plants seem to be taking off and i dont have any high light plants.

i have one 24watt T5HO Flora Sun and one 24watt T5HO Ultra Sun both made by ZooMed.

my tank is a 30 gallon tall. the plants i have are dwarf lily plants, jungle val, indian red sword, ozelot sword, taiwan moss, flame moss, anchor moss, giant hygro, anubias nana and dwarf sage.

the plants that are doing well are the dwarf sage, dwarf lily plant and the mosses. the anubias nana keeps developing tiny holes in the leaves where it starts to die. the jungle val looks ok but the edges of the leaves keep rotting. they put out new plants often but after they get to a certain size they rot back some also. the indian red sword is rotting at the edges. the giant hygro and the ozelot sword both are not getting any bigger. the ozelot sword puts out new leaves but they stay small and sometimes rot.

i dose Seachem flourish, excel and iron. the substrate is dirt capped with gravel.

any help would be appreciated!!!

Back
Top Bottom