Lighting FOWLR tank options?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sanchezkk

Aquarium Advice Freak
As some of you may know, I own a 55g FOWLR tank. Also in my tank, I also have snails and a red Legged Hermit Crab. I am planning to transition to a reef environment sometime down the road.

My question is, how many types of setups are there? I am presently thinking just bulbs now. I think if I just get the bulbs now and slowly transition, it will be easier on my pocket. Any ideas?

Consider grabbing some nice LeDs. Incredibly cheaper in the long run (no bulb replacement cost), 10 year life span with only a 30% reduction, allot less expensive on energy consumption, and best of all very little heat escaping into you aquarium water! Look into the the way the light travels as well. LEDs are more linear, the light travels deeper without loosing effectiveness in the depths.

Nothing in this hobby is cheap. You get what you pay for. You want to transition into a reef setup? Your lights will be the bread and butter of your system. Spend 400-500 on good LEDs, have beautiful corals. I have 25 3w LEDs in my nano 28. I grow softies, lps, sps, you name it. Mr X has some good LED threads in reef.

Back
Top Bottom