Lighting help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cbailey92

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 20g high tank and I recently bought a dual t5ho fixture. The bulbs I have for it are 6500k daylight and 650nm both 18w.Does this put me in the high light range. If not what else do I need to put me there.

Another fixture just like it would prob get you med/high to low end high range..

Absolutely, high light requires high maintainence, co2, ferts, glut...is this your first planted tank?

Ya I've been messing around with low light plants for a year or so. Wanna get into some higher plants

Why not stick with the setup you have, get some med light plants, dose glut and a micro/macro fert regiment and see how it goes? You can always add another light and co2 in a couple months. It takes a bit to find a nice balance in your tank with nutrients and lighting..

I have liquid frets. Will those work. Also any cool med light plants u know of

Ya I have anubias, Amazon sword, rotella and some other plant I'm not sure of

Gonna be replacing those with new plants cause I'm redoing the whole tank. Putting in Eco complete substrate and seeing if there are any new plants I can buy. I planted those without having the right lighting so the bottom of the plants have has there growth stunted but the tops look like they should. That's why I'm replacing them

You can trim them up and replant! Than look into some Ludwiga, rotalas, micro chain sword, hygro, narrow leaf chain sword..

How far down can u trim a plant that they will grow back. Always been kinda scared of trimming to far down

They all look pretty ok, the front look like narrow leaf chain sword, keep all them! Trim dead growth than give em a bath in 40% hydrogen peroxide/water solution for a minute and rinse before replanting! They'll all do much better with better lighting and nourishment.. Ferts and root tabs!

Back
Top Bottom