Lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do you know what CO2 levels you are maintaining?

Excel or other glutaraldehyde products are not liquid CO2, though they are a carbon supplement. Dosing glutaraldehyde does not necessarily make up for lower or inconsistent CO2 levels. You might be better off just not running a DIY CO2 system. Are you using 4dKH solution in the drop checker and maintaining a nice light green color?

Yea I am it stays in green I can usually tell when I need to change the sugar and yeast because it starts to get a slight blue tint. I'm probably relatively new compared to you so does liquid carbon not boost co2 levels as much as they lead you on to believe?

yes, that would work, though not necessarily for carpeting hair grass. It would grow a wide variety of plants. And yes, you could run it without a hood. I never have tops on my tanks.

If I put bulbs with higher watts would it work to carpet the hair grass? I just really like the way hair grass looks.

It doesn't work like that man I thought I would try that when I first got started too the light worked but it wasn't any brighter then the original light the ballast will still deliver the same wattage.

If I put bulbs with higher watts would it work to carpet the hair grass? I just really like the way hair grass looks.

It doesn't work like that. Fluorescent fixtures carry 1 wattage of bulbs. If you want hair grass it would require more intense lighting, co2 injection and/or heavy fert supplementation.

These lights would keep hair grass alive but without the other upgrades it would be tough to get it to carpet.

Yea I am it stays in green I can usually tell when I need to change the sugar and yeast because it starts to get a slight blue tint. I'm probably relatively new compared to you so does liquid carbon not boost co2 levels as much as they lead you on to believe?

It isn't really liquid carbon either. It is a carbon supplement, in the form of glutaraldehyde. It doesn't boost co2 levels at all. They are different animals. The end result is similar - and that is uptake of carbon to be used to build plant structure.

It isn't really liquid carbon either. It is a carbon supplement, in the form of glutaraldehyde. It doesn't boost co2 levels at all. They are different animals. The end result is similar - and that is uptake of carbon to be used to build plant structure.

Got it man so I could just drop the DIY altogether and use just liquid doses and I would get the same results

So then what kind of fertilizer supplements can I use to have them grow?

Got it man so I could just drop the DIY altogether and use just liquid doses and I would get the same results

Or even better - depending on how you are dosing now. If you aren't dosing it every day it won't do much of anything. It disassociates quickly once added to water.

Well could you suggest some plants I could grow successfully under the lighting I linked earlier?

Most stems, most rosettes. Most plants, really, save compact growers and carpeting plants.

Back
Top Bottom