Lighting T5 v led

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was using 2xT5 in 250. It was ok, but I have ordered 2x led aquaray white and adet to whole system, I think I have improvement from few soft corals- colours etc.

I am old fashion, I prefer t5. I have read a lot of people having good success with LEDs but they are a lot more expensive.

LEDs are actually a lot less expensive, brighter, more customizable, and run a lot cooler. Plus you dont need to replace bulbs every 6-9 months. I got a Taotronics dimmable unit for under $200 shipped and its great. I don't know why anyone would choose T5 over LED personally.

ForumRunner_20131121_114248.jpg

I run a kessil a150w led pendant over my tank. I absolutely love it and it grows everything from softies to sps! Also no bulb replacement is a big plus.

image-3470292823.jpg

It looks good. Is it 15000k? I'm thinking to get 10000k white and blue 460nm. Hopefully it will be ok.

LEDs are actually a lot less expensive, brighter, more customizable, and run a lot cooler. Plus you dont need to replace bulbs every 6-9 months. I got a Taotronics dimmable unit for under $200 shipped and its great. I don't know why anyone would choose T5 over LED personally.

Do you think 10000k white and blue 460nm will be sufficient ?

Back
Top Bottom