Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bosnianblood69

Aquarium Advice Freak
So right now im running 3 halides at a combined wattage of 550 watts and i want to switch over to leds i was wondering how many would i need? Not use to this led thing

Finally got my T5 and had to try it out! Water is kinda cloudy. Got 2 wavemaker and my sump kit today. My T5 has 4 pairs of LEDs.

image-3453988916.jpg

Looks nice but what would the equivelent of a 250 watt metal halide to leds?

Generally, you will need 3 fixtures. Like halides, most LED fixtures (that are worth while) are good for about a 2 x 2 area easily. Some have optics that decrease the spread and increase the potency, and others do not, making the footprint larger, but less powerful.
What do you want to spend?

Thanks how many what size? I have 1 250 watt halide and 2 150 watt halides

The link I have supplied....you will need 3 of those. Turned all the way up they are stronger than your 250 watt halide.

Those are good lights. I just got 2 in for my 55 gallon. They come from china, and take about a week regardless of what the sipping estimation says.
But anemones love the new lighting! Plus they are easy to install, took me about 15 minutes.

Back
Top Bottom