Lightning does strike twice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

54seaweed

Macro Addict
yesterday around 1:30 PM my 2 satellite dishes were hit by lightning ,
not once but twice , how I got my service working this morning I don't have a clue ,
I have a broom stick holding the dish in place but all the wiring is toast , I will most likely be MIA till Friday when the dishes are replaced as I don't know how long this rigging will hold up , I also need to repair the hole in my roof , how my house didn't go up in flames is a miracle ,
when my home got struck the first time I thought something fell off a plane and hit my house , than bam a second hit the strange part never once lost power , if you only got to see how high this old man can jump , I need to call the insurance company today to see if I'm covered , as they probably will consider this a act of god , just like they did with the flood I had in my basement , I sometimes wonder why I pay insurance as I never get to make a claim ,

Wow! Did a black cat cross the road in front of you 2 times yesterday? Sorry to hear about the dishes though, good luck with the insurance!

Good thing they grounded that dish man!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

yesterday around 1:30 PM my 2 satellite dishes were hit by lightning ,
not once but twice , how I got my service working this morning I don't have a clue ,
I have a broom stick holding the dish in place but all the wiring is toast , I will most likely be MIA till Friday when the dishes are replaced as I don't know how long this rigging will hold up , I also need to repair the hole in my roof , how my house didn't go up in flames is a miracle ,
when my home got struck the first time I thought something fell off a plane and hit my house , than bam a second hit the strange part never once lost power , if you only got to see how high this old man can jump , I need to call the insurance company today to see if I'm covered , as they probably will consider this a act of god , just like they did with the flood I had in my basement , I sometimes wonder why I pay insurance as I never get to make a claim ,

Wow man, that rain was crazy yesterday wasn't it? :lol: I got 2 inches in 1 hour and we had a river in the street here in Littleton. You're in the springs right? Im relieved for you that the house didn't catch fire. We had a house fire last October and it really is a harrowing experience even though only one room burned. Good luck with getting the house repaired.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad you are okay! That is a crazy thing to have happen. If you watch the lightning you will see that it will bam fast in succession seemingly in the same place, and now confirmed in the same spot!

Our neighbors house was hit about 19 years ago on the roof and a bush burned in the front yard. That was it. People in the house ok and bush burned out on its own. I was on a roof today and saw stormy clouds rolling in but no lightning and none far away as I understand it can travel far up in the sky miles away. Not to be messed with!

Glad you can fix stuff with broomsticks.

Also that the fish and all were fine.

Wow man, that rain was crazy yesterday wasn't it? :lol: I got 2 inches in 1 hour and we had a river in the street here in Littleton. You're in the springs right? Im relieved for you that the house didn't catch fire. We had a house fire last October and it really is a harrowing experience even though only one room burned. Good luck with getting the house repaired.

Actually up here in Evergreen , my yard looked like a lake , and my driveway started to wash out , I don't think I ever seen a storm like that it Just dropped out of no where and disappeared just as fast
The dishes were replaced today and I have a few shingles to replace

Actually up here in Evergreen , my yard looked like a lake , and my driveway started to wash out , I don't think I ever seen a storm like that it Just dropped out of no where and disappeared just as fast
The dishes were replaced today and I have a few shingles to replace

Looks like we've got another one coming in over the metro area! :eek: Lightning out here can be really dangerous. A combination of Dry air and evening storm fronts can mean insane lightning events. When I was a little kid my neighbors, sister, Mom, and I were sitting on the front porch during a storm and lightning struck the middle of the street 20 yards in front of us. I almost died of fright and the sound was incredibly loud. The street was cracked by the extreme heat and the cracks are still there today. Just a story I thought I would tell :lol:

here we go again out of no where , my dog about killed me Shepard/Rottweiler mix
jumped into my lap and I'm sitting in a broken comp chair, wow that was close

Littleton.... Whoa, isnt that aurora area? Small world fellas.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yup... My uncles an officer for the sheriffs dept. out there. I try to Visit abt once a yr.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom