Lion fish dies after 2 weeks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Theman2000

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey all I have a FOWLR tank with a lobster, trigger, damsel and porcupine puffer all of which are eating fine swimming and doing very well. The lionfish ate 4 Rosie's on Friday and hasnt eaten since..today(Monday) I found him dead. In the last 72 hours I noticed his eyes fogging up and his fins losing scales. Less movement ... Can someone help

I'm really sorry to hear about your lion fish :( I am unsure of the reason but I'm sure someone will chime in. Even though your other fish are okay - what are your paramaters?

Theman2000 said:
Hey all I have a FOWLR tank with a lobster, trigger, damsel and porcupine puffer all of which are eating fine swimming and doing very well. The lionfish ate 4 Rosie's on Friday and hasnt eaten since..today(Monday) I found him dead. In the last 72 hours I noticed his eyes fogging up and his fins losing scales. Less movement ... Can someone help

Poor lion fish :( their so beautiful.

Sorry about your lion. :( I'm no expert, but cloudy eyes could be flukes from what I understand. My starry blenny had that for a short time, used prazipro and his eyes cleared up. Not sure if its the same with lions cuz I've never had one. Hope someone helps you figure it out.

I have a mombasa lionfish. Their eyes will cloud up a little right before they shed their "skin". Lionfish usually arent real active. They just kind of hang around rocks etc. because they arent very active they will get debris, algae etc on their skin so they shed it every once in a while. But the missing scales, huuummm, do you think another fish could have been harassing it?

Back
Top Bottom