Liquid carbon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrmaronick

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys I have a question about liquid carbon. I have a 30 gal medium planted medium light. upgraded to a proper LED light for the plants. And now I'm curious I fixed the light and went from low light to med light. Do I need to increase dosage for more light? And is it possible to over dose and hurt fish. It doesn't alter PH so a drop checker won't work for co2 level. Also gets root tabs and flourish I think or something like that. Any advice would be great

Sent from my LG-E980 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hey guys I have a question about liquid carbon. I have a 30 gal medium planted medium light. upgraded to a proper LED light for the plants. And now I'm curious I fixed the light and went from low light to med light. Do I need to increase dosage for more light? And is it possible to over dose and hurt fish. It doesn't alter PH so a drop checker won't work for co2 level. Also gets root tabs and flourish I think or something like that. Any advice would be great

More light will increase the plants co2 requirement. If you were doing well before it is possible that the plants still have enough co2 but for a medium light tank I would usually suggest at least using liquid co2.

I do t know what the toxic levels are. There are discussions which include people who have access to this information which suggest glutaradehyde at 2.5ppm is toxic to fish, some have dosed more.

You should start at recommended dose levels and increase by 1ml until you see a difference in plant health/growth.

As plants grow and the tank fills in you will need to alter your dosing accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Sorry should have mentioned in first post that On the low light system I was dosing 5 ml. Directions say 1 ml for every ten gal. How would I test glutaradehyde?

Sorry should have mentioned in first post that On the low light system I was dosing 5 ml. Directions say 1 ml for every ten gal. How would I test glutaradehyde?

I don't know how to test it, but I safely double-dose my 20-long daily. You're dosing at 1.66x, so you could probably safely go to 6 ml. What kind of inhabitants do you have? And what kind of plants? The increased light and carbon will speed up the plants' metabolism, so they'll use up the nutrients in the tank faster. That happened to me, and the plants started suffering from various shortages.

If 5mls was working for you then
Then use that as your baseline. See how things work out with the new lighting. Then increase if necessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Inhabitants are a 3 inch marble angle. 5 inch iredesant shark. 5 inch armored bichir. 6 inch common plec. 5 inch rainbow fin shark. And two tetras. 50 snails. Plants are. Sword. Java fern. American weed. Spiral fern. Coco fern? Pennywort. And 4 others I can't recall. They get liquid fert weekly. And root tabs monthly. Don't wana kill my fish with co2 boost but don't want plants suffering ethier from lack of it. Can't find anything on the internet for max ml per gal. So ppls oppions what I'm doing now. Thanks for the help guys

Back
Top Bottom