Little white things .....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thomasina

Aquarium Advice Freak
The morning feed found hundreds of little, tiny white dots all over the glass on the tank. They are so small I can't take a picture. They are hard and not in any order or together. I used my algae scrubber and just cleaned the glass. I do have three nerita snail, which I understood would not breed unless in brackish water. New driftwood was boiled for three days. New plants planted two weeks ago should have had the eggs show up sooner. I thought of getting a dwarf loach, however I don't want to loose my nerita snails. Advise please?:thanks:

20gh planted, 6 fancy guppies, 6 tetras, 2 pepper corys, 1/2 doz RCS, 3 nerita snails.

Are they literally round dots that don't move, which would be nerite eggs. Or are they tiny little bugs/worms?

Agree with Rivercats. Are they hard grains of rice? If so they are nerite eggs; they can't hatch in fresh water but the snails still lay them. I have tons of them in my tank from my nerites all the time. You can scrape them off if you don't like them. If they are moving or look different then it's likely something else.

They don't move. They are just random white dotes the size of a pencil mark. And randomly laid. If I move one with my finger, it just kind of floats away. But I can feel it. Smaller than a grain of rice, much smaller, however just as white. I can't shush it with my nail. Thank you both for responding.

They sound like nerite eggs. I use an algae magnet to remove them from glass and if there are any on my DW that bother me I just flick them off with a pair of long tweezers I have. They will dissolve in a few weeks. I noticed when I first introduced my nerites they laid a bunch of eggs but after that I don't seem to get that many.

it's nerite snail eggs. I have 3 snails and they leg eggs occasionally but they never hatch so there is nothing to worry about :)

Back
Top Bottom