Live foods for adult fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hummingguppy

Aquarium Advice Regular
In the land of potatoes. otherwise known as Idaho.
I want to feed my betta live foods. I bought him a week ago at a pet shop, inside a small drink cup. Seriously. The lid had the slits for the straw and the things you punch in if it was diet and such. It was even smaller than the usual plastic cups you find at walmart! Anyway, I bought him because I a. Felt bad, and b. he was an unusual pink color. News for me! He wasn't pink. Within a few days of being in a proper habitat, he was a deep red. I am guessing he was so stressed in that cup he turned pink. Point is, I intend to spoil him and wanted to start him on live foods. When I research, though, a lot seems focused toward fry. What is big enough that he can have fun chasing after it? He doesn't have the longest fins, I am thinking he might be a juvenile, so he swims pretty fast.

I feed my german blue rams live brine shrimp, blood worm and daphnia. Im assuming all would be suitable for you.

Remember when feeding, do not pour the liquid they come in into your tank. Pour the liquid and live food into a net, then net them into the tank

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom