Live Mysid Shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Hey all.
Just a quick question. I was browsing ebay and found some live mysid shrimp for sale. You get 100 in the pack. Anyways, It say its good for gobies, seahorses, etc.. I'm not interested in it for those, but I do have a coral banded shrimp, a hermit crab (unknown species), blue damsel, pink psudochromis, some ricordea, star polyps, and yellow polyps.
The seller advertised that these shrimp will eventually reach a population, then begin to level off. Supposed to be decent cleaners too. I was wondering what if anything from my list would eat the live mysis shrimp, and what would be an acceptable amount to put into a 10 gallon tank? (i'm assuming even tho they are tiny, that 100 would just be too much since they reproduce)
TIA
-Stewie

If you threw 100 mysid shrimp into *my* tank the inhabitants would have it all but decimated in the span of about 5 minutes. I'd be surprised if one of them survived the night. Aslo shipping 100 I wouldn't be suprised if only 20 or so lived. But that's just a guess. I've only ever fed them frozen foods. I would only expect your pink psudo to be interested in them. Maybe (just maybe) the damsel.

22 people who are curious enough to find out what you're asking but nobody with an answer. I personally have never tried it!

Thanks Phyl.
I think i'm going to skip it because I have bristleworms in the tank now for my coral banded, I feed the 2 fish marine flakes, and the corals are doing well, so i guess there's no sense in possibly fouling my water.
-Stewie

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom