Live rock live sand

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

solo

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi what live rock is good Fiji or other. Can you mix size of rock to make good aquascape caves holes for fish to hide. Sand bed 2,3,4 inches witch is good, is 4 inch sand bed to much. Hard work for a sand sifter and cuc. White sand ok or pink. I want to have a great setup how much live rock for a 150 gallon tank? Any advice please it would be greatly appreciated.

Id say go around 150 pounds, but honestly better getting dry rock with thats size tank. More likely gonna pay 4-6 bucks per pound live as to 2-3 bucks dry. I used about 50 pounds in my 55, 20 lb live to seed. I order my dry rock from The Reef Rock Store cheapest ive found with free shipping on order 30lbs and more. Very nice site, told em the tank size and exchanged few emails about what i was shooting for and they gave me some good looking rock.

you can use dry rock for the base and then go over it with the live rock so you won't need as much. Figi is great you can use tonga, marshall island there all good stuff

Back
Top Bottom