live rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chaz tx

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How do u tell the different types of rock. I bought from someone who just moved into house and wanted in wall tank removed. Looks to be 4 different. Types base rock heavy. Another looks like fingers with big gappes

You have to guess. Go to different live rock websites and view what they offer and try to match up what you have. The "finger" type rock sounds like Tonga branch.
Why did you need to know?

I needed to know to get rid of what is left. It came from 140ga tank only needed enough to fill in 50gwas leaking went up to75 its got to go wife keeps talking about. Second tank

chaz tx, do you still have some of that live rock for sale and how much are you asking for it? I am still needing some live rock for my 55 gal

I do, it's a lot. Roughly 90 lbs. It more than half a 30 gall trash can full. Looking at 3.00 for non-tonga and $5.00 lb if Tonga. Location in Dallas, TX.

I live in Wichita Falls area, so the ability to drive down and pick up is possible. Let me talk to my husband when he gets off work and I will get back to you asap!

Back
Top Bottom