Livebearer Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marge02144

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi I have a 37 gallon fish tank that is cycling. I'm thinking about making it an all livebearer tank. Anyone have suggestions on how many of which kind?

You might want to look into some wild type livebearers, if you want something different from the same old stuff you always see in the shops. My Xiphophorus xiphidium are my favorite livebearers.

If you want a show quality fish you can't go wrong with swordtails. Looking for a predator like fish? Get a half-beak. Want a flashy fish with different fin types? Get some fancy guppies.

Livebearer Tanks

Hi I have a 37 gallon fish tank that is cycling. I'm thinking about making it an all livebearer tank. Anyone have suggestions on how many of which kind?

Hello marge...

You could go with a "biotope" or a "terraphyte" tank with Livebearers. These tanks require very little maintenance and the fish live comfortably in a tank full of plants and pure water conditions(see attached pic).

I'd recommend adding some small Corydoras to your Livebearer tank. Orange Saddle or Panda Corys are nice. A half dozen of one or the other would make for an efficient "clean up" crew.

B

Back
Top Bottom