Llighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

stan450z

Aquarium Advice Freak
hello everyone, is it ok to have a t8 for a fish and reef tank with corals? i know t5 and MH are the best but i already have a t8. Also do all 48 inch lights fit inside a hood (long ways)? I have the JBL I am thinking of getting a canopy for my tank but concerned over if my lights will fit, or if I have to make some customizations. Also, will ventilation be a problem? I have seen lots of canpoies with lights installed in them. I do believe the hood is open in the back part which faces the wall. Also debating a MH unit, with moonlights. I dont have moonights now and think this would look awesome. might as well upgrade to MH or T5 to get a unit like this. Also how come some of these units have price that vary so much? They range from 160 to 600+ wow. Thanks.

I found out i have "compact fluorescents" and heard they are even better than t5 but not better than MH. I have 2 - 65W inside a 48 inch unit to light a standard 75g.

i just want to know if this is ok for most corals.
what do you think?

COMBO BULB (10,000K/BLUE)
The original 10,000K daylight and blue actinic lamp built side-by-side. This lamp contains a crisp, ice-blue daylight and blue actinic for photosynthetic zooxanthellae algae.

Bulbs

Compact flourecents are not better than t5`s. T5`s have much better intensity and thereby much better.

Back
Top Bottom