Loach id

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have 5 of these botia kubotai. 4 is the absolute minimum IMO incase two pair off and pick on the third. 5 or more is the ideal number and you will see all of them more often. They will get to be 5-6" fully grown but that will take several years because they have a slow growth rate. However the dominant female will grow a little bit bigger than all the others faster. Water quality is very important because they can be sensitive to any fluctuations, just like with any other loach. They will require a tank of 55gal+ when they get bigger. I feed mine omega one shrimp pellets and algae wafers as the main diet. They also love frozen bloodworms and will even graze on the zuchinni I put in for my pleco.

They are definitely one of my favorite fish I keep because they are always active and playing. It's also funny that they are the only fish my angels don't bother and actually the angels get pestered by the loach's and never retaliate, they just go along with the chasing as if they are playing too

Also don't be scared when you feed them and hear a "clicking" sound that sounds like glass cracking but it's just the loach's making a noise to let you know they are enjoying their food when they eat

Back
Top Bottom