looking at getting a used 100g tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ditchdoctor81

Aquarium Advice Regular
it's set up as a freshwater tank now. what type of questions should I ask them before I buy it?

thanks for the help.

well if its set up for fresh water. the only thing your going to want is the tank and stand. filtration for salt water is totaly diffierent. if the person has fluvals there used for both. but they arnt going to have a skimmer or lighting you will need. ask them if they have power heads - heater - fluval filter?? if your going to use your tank as saltwater fish only you could use the regular ol lights i guess. but for coral -nope.

you should ask if they have treated it with anything, like plant fertilizers etc as that can kill inverts and corals

I knew that I wouldn't be able to use the filter system. But I thought before that I had read to find out if they have used any medications in the tank or something like that....I might be wrong though.

posted this before the one above me was there....thanks

I thought I had read somewhere about treating the tank...I didn't think I was going crazy :D

ditchdoctor81 said:
I knew that I wouldn't be able to use the filter system. But I thought before that I had read to find out if they have used any medications in the tank or something like that....I might be wrong though.
yes do ask!

blazeyreef said:
ditchdoctor81 said:
yes do ask!

I will.

I replied to the post above me & you posted before I could send mine.

Thanks for the quick help!

Definitely ask about copper based medications. I actually cleaned mine with CLR, but rinsed very well, quite a few times and let sit in the air for a week or so. I believe, vinegar and water will do a great job cleaning. What kind of equipment do they have? Names and possible models.....?

Back
Top Bottom