Looking for led lighting.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You can get em for $225 american on eBay from seller wholesalehydroponicssupplies. You can ask em if they ship international.

Again, if LEDs are outside your budget you can always use 4 T5s from someplace like FishNeedIt. You'll have 2 T5s across the span of the tank. It'll be WAY cheaper starting out and you'll have a whole lot more plant options. It won't be high light, but it'll still be a big improvement. Large tanks just cost a lot to light. Heck, I spent around $50 just to light up my 5.5 gallon planted tank.

You can still try out one of those 20-30 watt LED daylight floodlights from eBay. It would take 3-4 to do the whole tank but trying one just to see how well the plants right under it respond won't be expensive. You can easily hang them with a fern stand from Lowe's or Home Depot. Cheapest option on earth for LEDs. If you want to see them on a planted tank just look up my build thread.

Abit late, but finally got round to changing the lights. I went for a t5 with four bulbs. Two are 10k kelvin and the other two are the actinic blue ones. Will these be ok???

I thought they were high powered. Should i leave see how they go or change a couple of bulbs for the tropial pros

Back
Top Bottom