Looking for snail info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Rozmere

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I got 2 very adorable gold apple mystery snails from Angels Plus with my seeded sponge filter, I'm planning on getting at least one more snail from Bigfish99 in the future. My smallest snail "Ridley" seems pretty active, she likes to make laps around the waterline and I've gently relocated her twice to show her that there was an algae wafer waiting for her, she eats a little then goes back to doing her laps. The larger one "Phork" seems pretty lazy, at least while I'm awake during the day, he likes to sleep in an artificial log ornament or under the seeded sponge filter if I raise it up enough for him to get under it.

My tank is a 20 gal, temp is about 76F my pH is about 7, there is "some" salt in the water but only 1 rounded TBSP per 5 galons of water (If I understand, it isn't too much salt for them), and if anyone has read my previous thread in the "getting started" section you know my free ammonia is pretty low (under 0.05) but the total ammonia I'm having trouble getting a hold on (trying to get the cycle going). There are 5 danios, 1 corydoras, and 2 guppies in the tank but they don't pay too much attention to the snails so hope they aren't being stressed by the fish.

My question is, does this seem like normal behavior for the snails? I've only had two large true apple snails in the past so I'm not too familiar with how these mystery snails should act. Their shells are never "fully" closed so i think that at least is a good sign.

Back
Top Bottom