Looking for very large Peaceful Fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

coalcut

Aquarium Advice Activist
Planning ahead for my tank upgrade this this spring (moving from 115g to 300g) I'm looking onto getting a large centerpiece fish. Something that is peaceful enough that it won't eat/stress out my current stock. I know many of my current stock will get pretty large, but I'm looking for one really large one (that will have enough room in my tank of course). Looking forward to your suggestions. What about a pacu, but I hear they have really big "human like" teeth?

Here's my current stock:
1 common pleco
2 blood parrot
6 angels
4 clown loachs
1 red fin shark
6 ruby barbs
1 black ghost knife
2 Red Hook Silver Dollars (new)

Womble1234,
Here's a pic of my current tank

Attachments

• 115g Tank.jpg
    115g Tank.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 553
Thanks. I'll also look in to the kissing gouramies. Any others?

Maxkolbe said:
How about a snakeskin gourami? I noticed that you don't seem to have much at the top.

It looks to me like every single fish he has is at the top.. Haha

You know, I thought about Discus but:
1) Did know if they would be stressed by my other fish
2) I think they need a higher temp (my tank is now at 80 degrees F)
3) And lots of plants

However I really would like to add a few discus.

Any other suggestions?

So, would a pacu be a big no no?

We've been looking for a peaceful but large fish too! We were sold a gorgeous 'green terror' from our local fish shop, they said it was peaceful and wouldn't harm anything only for us to wake up one morning and find our fish battered bruised and what looked like they had been chewed up and spat out! We had never heard of a green terror before but now we know to research before we buy! We took him straight back the shop :)

calfishguy said:
If you want pacu i think ur tank has to be a pacu only tank.

I seen a very large pacu at a mall in flint, his tankmates were a koi some city cats and other pacu's :)

ForumRunner_20120301_180924.jpg

ForumRunner_20120301_180924.jpg

He was rather large, they were calling it a dinosaur lol

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120301_180903.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120301_180903.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 95
Sounds like he really was a terror! As far as a centerpiece goes, instead of one fish do a gigantic school of neons or some other tetra. With the larger fish they may school tightly and in such a huge tank a school of 30 or 40, maybe more, would look amazing.

Back
Top Bottom