Looking to Stock Mid to High Swimmers.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JesseMessykinn

Aquarium Advice Freak
Ok so I moved a Few of my Fish Out of my Main Tank, for Incoming Shrimp.(Shrimp eaters :eek:) So Im looking to add a Few More Little Non-Aggressive Fish.

This is My Tank Specs Atm.

29 Gallon (30Lx12wx16h)
2 Rio 90 Powerheads.
Bubble Rod
20-40 Gallon Aqua Tech Filter.(Soon to be Upgraded, Thinking 40-60 Gallon Filter)
Stock Hood
Penn-Plex 100W Heater
2 Light Fixtures, 1 18W (Stock Bulb) 1 20W Wide Spectrum Plant Bulb.

Fish:
2 Red Eye Tetra
1 Pelco
1 Red Bleeding Heart Tetra
2 Serpae Tetra
2 Silverdollar Tetra
1 Horse Face Loach
5 Kuhli Loach
1 Molly
5 Neons

Any Suggestions? :confused:

Water Changes Weekly, Nitrate/Nitrite, Ammo levels Check Out.

JesseMessykinn said:
Ok so I moved a Few of my Fish Out of my Main Tank, for Incoming Shrimp.(Shrimp eaters :eek:) So Im looking to add a Few More Little Non-Aggressive Fish.

This is My Tank Specs Atm.

29 Gallon (30Lx12wx16h)
2 Rio 90 Powerheads.
Bubble Rod
20-40 Gallon Aqua Tech Filter.(Soon to be Upgraded, Thinking 40-60 Gallon Filter)
Stock Hood
Penn-Plex 100W Heater
2 Light Fixtures, 1 18W (Stock Bulb) 1 20W Wide Spectrum Plant Bulb.

Fish:
2 Red Eye Tetra
1 Pelco
1 Red Bleeding Heart Tetra
2 Serpae Tetra
2 Silverdollar Tetra
1 Horse Face Loach
5 Kuhli Loach
1 Molly
5 Neons

Any Suggestions? :confused:

Water Changes Weekly, Nitrate/Nitrite, Ammo levels Check Out.

I've noticed quite a few things with your tank.
Red eye tetras need a school of 6 or more.
What kind of pleco?
Bleeding hearts need school of 6 or more.
Serpae tetra need school.
Silver dollars need a huge tank and will out grow your tank and need a school.
Don't know anything about horseface loaches so I'll leave that one.
Kuhli loaches are fine.
Molly is fine.
Neons need school of 6 or more.

I suggest you rehome some of those fish and fill out the schools first before we can start discussing any more stock.

I'd recommend an AC70 at the least.

I think you need to choose 2-3 types of tetra, and keep a school of atleast 6 of them, and preferably get rid of the others.

If that is not a dwarf pleco, it may get way too large for your tank.

Silver dollars and horseface loaches get way too big for your tank.

They All School Togeather Oddly, Most of the Fish are over 3 years Old. My Horseface is Gotta be around 5 years old. Id Say hes full grown by now.

I agree with the above posters. Your school numbers are out of whack. If you feel that your inhabitants have been happy this way for years, I would suggest you make no changes to your tank by adding new fish.

Also, I'm not sure what font you use, but I have to say that I actually got an instant headache reading your posts because of all the initial caps used. Seriously..... is that a special font or something?

Ok Thanks for the post back, Ive Decided to Rehome the Silver dollers, pelco, red eyes, and bleed heart, Im gonna try to stick with this

Tank Stock:

2 Serpae Tetra (Going to add 3-4 More)
1 Horse Face Loach
5 Kuhli Loach
1 Molly
5 Neons(3-5 More)
Looking at add one more schooling breed. Probly will be 5 more Small guys.

Any Comments/recommendations?

Sorry about the font/caps it a bad habit.

One Thing also to add is the top of my tank has 2 power heads, making a bit of a strong current.

I'd go for something that swims at the top level like hatchets or rasboras. :)

EDIT: I forgot about the strong current..hatchets prob wouldn't be best. Harlequin rasboras should be good. Or maybe zebra danios/glo fish.

I was thinking Glo Fish, Maybe 6? Would that be around Max Stock or a few more be fine?

Another Thing, I noticed one off my neons just Sucked half way up my filter, What could i used to cover it, thining a spong?

I would stick with 6-7.

Yeah a sponge would work. Was it still alive or maybe did it just die and then get sucked up?

JesseMessykinn said:
I was thinking Glo Fish, Maybe 6? Would that be around Max Stock or a few more be fine?

Another Thing, I noticed one off my neons just Sucked half way up my filter, What could i used to cover it, thining a spong?

If a fish is fit and healthy it should be able to avoid a filter intake (unless it's a fry) but a sponge is a good idea. :)

Anyone know a good place to get Glo lights? If I get Six at petco, it will be around $30, My old Lady loves fish to but she doesnt want to drop 30 buck on em :/

Any good Websites?

Back
Top Bottom