Loving my new fish keeping hobby!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

guppyfins

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone,

My name is Katie and I have been browsing the forum for a few months now and finally decided to join. I got my first fishy companions in college (two female betta fish) followed by a few more in grad school. The most recent one, a male, I rescued one from a friend who did not want her tank any longer and he lived with me for 3 more years!

In January of this year I set up a 65 gallon aquarium and did a lot of research on tank cycling, decor, and which types of fish make happy tankmates. I feel like I have gone into this adventure with the most knowledge and have enjoyed watching the tank flourish. It currently is home to 7 male guppies, 4 zebra danios, 1 long finned zebra danio, 1 long finned leopard danio, and 10 neon tetras. I also bought 4 cory catfish earlier this week and they are hanging out in the quarantine tank for a bit longer.

:fish1::fish2: Thanks for all of the great info so far and I look forward to being a part of the community.

Welcome!

Did you study marine science or something like that? Because that is arguably one of the best, most well-planned first-time fish tank setups I've seen. What else are you planning on adding?

Thank you, that is very kind! I do have a background in biology somewhat but not marine. I was really uninformed about proper tank setup and care until I started setting up this aquarium. I did a lot of reading (including quite a bit on this forum) about tank mates and water chemistry/conditioning while I was waiting for my tank to cycle initially.

As far as future tank mates I am currently exploring the idea of Koi Swordtails. I also love the mollies and platys when I visit fish stores. But I need to do some more research about each of the above.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom